Compilation error +WER999A



Get solution for your ABEND Codes & System Error Messages, SQL Codes, File Status etc...

Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Raj2006 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi all,

I get this below when I compile a program which is COBOL WITH DB2 + Xpediter, and I don't get this if I exclude the Xpediter.

Suggestions please...

+WER999A xxxxxxNQ,NDVRSCL ,C1BM3000-  UNSUCCESSFUL SORT B37 S REASON=00000004
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT  380                                             
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=B37  REASON CODE=00000004                             
 TIME=04.19.59  SEQ=50962  CPU=0000  ASID=0183                               
 PSW AT TIME OF ERROR  475C1000   80DF0916  ILC 2  INTC 0D                   
   NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND                                                   
   NAME=UNKNOWN                                                             
   DATA AT PSW  00DF0910 - 41003038  0A0DB20A  00509808                     
   AR/GR 0: 00975168/00DF0B24   1: 00000000/A4B37000                         
         2: 00000000/001822D0   3: 00000000/00DF0AEC                         
         4: 00000000/00953420   5: 00000000/00E35000                         
         6: 00000000/009536C4   7: 00000000/0095371C                         
         8: 00000000/009536E4   9: 00000000/009768A0                         
         A: 00000000/009BEDF8   B: 00000000/00DF05A2                         
         C: 00000000/009BF7CC   D: 00000000/7F344D20                         
         E: 00000000/00DF05A2   F: 01000002/00000004                         
 END OF SYMPTOM DUMP                                                         


Thanks
Raj2006
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

 

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby steve-myers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:31 pm

  1. WERxxx messages are Syncsort messages. Syncsort does not "compile" anything.
  2. A system B37 ABEND is generally a problem with a data set. There should be a related IEC030I message in the JESMSGLG data set for the failing job. What does this message say? Did you look up this message and attempt to match the message explanation to your environment? The people that respond to issues in this forum need this information before they can provide anything resembling useful assistance.

These users thanked the author steve-myers for the post:
Raj2006 (Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:50 pm)
steve-myers
Global moderator
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Ed Goodman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 pm

It might be that the Xpeditor step is trying to sort the program offsets or something. The B37 should be associated with an output file in the JCL. If you see a file name that is NOT in the JCL, then what could be happening is that SMS (stopx37 maybe?) is allocating a tiny file to prevent an I/O error. Find that DD name and add space for it and make sure it's explicitly defined in the JCL.

No matter what, your first task is to identify which DD is getting that B37. Once you know that, you're on your way to fixing the problem.

These users thanked the author Ed Goodman for the post:
Raj2006 (Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:03 pm)
Ed Goodman
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Raj2006 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:39 am

steve-myers wrote:
  1. WERxxx messages are Syncsort messages. Syncsort does not "compile" anything.
  2. A system B37 ABEND is generally a problem with a data set. There should be a related IEC030I message in the JESMSGLG data set for the failing job. What does this message say? Did you look up this message and attempt to match the message explanation to your environment? The people that respond to issues in this forum need this information before they can provide anything resembling useful assistance.


here is
IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A,xxxxxxNQ,C1BM3000,CWPWRK1,VIO ,
SYS13337.T041957.RA000.xxxxxxNQ.R0546659               
Raj2006
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Raj2006 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:43 am

Ed Goodman wrote:It might be that the Xpeditor step is trying to sort the program offsets or something. The B37 should be associated with an output file in the JCL. If you see a file name that is NOT in the JCL, then what could be happening is that SMS (stopx37 maybe?) is allocating a tiny file to prevent an I/O error. Find that DD name and add space for it and make sure it's explicitly defined in the JCL.

No matter what, your first task is to identify which DD is getting that B37. Once you know that, you're on your way to fixing the problem.



Here is
IGD101I SMS ALLOCATED TO DDNAME (CWPWRK1 )                     
        DSN (SYS13337.T041957.RA000.xxxxxxNQ.R0546659    )     
        STORCLAS (VIO) MGMTCLAS (        ) DATACLAS (DEFAULT) 
        VOL SER NOS= VIO                                       


It seems, I can't add space to it. I need to contact admin or someone. Right? Advice please....
Raj2006
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby steve-myers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 pm

  1. Look at the JCL for the step that failed to see if there is a CWPWRK1 DD statement. If there is, increase the space.
  2. If there is no CWPWRK1 DD statement, add one. As an experiment specify SPACE=(CYL,(1,1)),UNIT=SYSDA. If the step then complains it cannot allocate a CWPWRK1 data set, you are probably out of luck, but the documentation may provide a mechanism to specify a larger allocation.

These users thanked the author steve-myers for the post:
Raj2006 (Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm)
steve-myers
Global moderator
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Raj2006 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

steve-myers wrote:
  1. Look at the JCL for the step that failed to see if there is a CWPWRK1 DD statement. If there is, increase the space.
  2. If there is no CWPWRK1 DD statement, add one. As an experiment specify SPACE=(CYL,(1,1)),UNIT=SYSDA. If the step then complains it cannot allocate a CWPWRK1 data set, you are probably out of luck, but the documentation may provide a mechanism to specify a larger allocation.



Tried. I am out of luck. Thank you so much. :)
Raj2006
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Akatsukami » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Is not C1BM3000 an Endevor component that accepts requests from a workstation?
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day

These users thanked the author Akatsukami for the post:
Raj2006 (Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am)
User avatar
Akatsukami
Global moderator
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 am
Location: Bloomington, IL
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Ed Goodman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm not trying to embarrass you here, but HOW did you try to add the DD statement? After you tried, did the same B37 message show up?

The DD should have looked something like this:
//CWPWRK0 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA
//CWPWRK1 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA
//CWPWRK2 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA
//CWPWRK3 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA
//CWPWRK4 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA
//CWPWRK5 DD SPACE=(TRK,(60,30)),UNIT=SYSDA


I'm asking because you seem a little over your head, and you may not be that experienced in JCL, and so a small mistake may have made it so the DD was not recognized in the correct step.
Ed Goodman
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Compilation error +WER999A

Postby Raj2006 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:53 am

Akatsukami wrote:Is not C1BM3000 an Endevor component that accepts requests from a workstation?


Yes I use endevor to compile my element.
Raj2006
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to ABENDS & SQL Codes

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post