Commarea data not reflecting back in calling module

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Commarea data not reflecting back in calling module

Postby cvvishu » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi ,
I am doing a EXEC CICS LINK from a batch API using commarea. The data in the commarea is changed in the cics module which I call and then I do a RETURN. But when control is back to the calling batch API , I do not see the changed value in the commarea , I still have the actual value that I used when calling the cics module . Could some one advice if I am missing anything.

EXEC CICS LINK
      PROGRAM(WS-MESSAGE-PGM)
      APPLID(WS-APPLID)
      TRANSID(WS-TRANSID)
      COMMAREA(JSON-OBJECT)
      LENGTH(LENGTH OF JSON-OBJECT)
      DATALENGTH(LENGTH OF JSON-OBJECT)
      RETCODE(EXCI-EXEC-RETURN-CODE)
      SYNCONRETURN
 END-EXEC

JSON-OBJECT is just a copybook data where I am formatting a string in JSON format and then putting it into MQ.
cvvishu

Re: Commarea data not reflecting back in calling module

Postby BillyBoyo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 am

Have you checked the order and definition of your parameters. I'm not sure I follow your use of "API", because if I do follow what you are saying, I don't know where "API" comes into it. API is Application Program Interface. EXEC CICS these days is referred to as an API. I don't see how you apply it in "batch API".
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Re: Commarea data not reflecting back in calling module

Postby cvvishu » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:49 am

sorry my bad in usage of terms. I am using a Stored Procedure (oops store) which does the EXEC CICS LINK. Is it actually possible to propagate data back to the SP from the CICS module to which it does a link.
cvvishu

Return to CICS