Not able to submit ZTEMPF using other IDs, works with my ID

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

Not able to submit ZTEMPF using other IDs, works with my ID

Postby sowmya » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:52 am

Hi,

I have rexx code to submit a JCL. I have allocated ISPFILE and when i submit the file (TSO SUBMIT *FILE*) with my ID it works.

Facing RC12 with other IDs. Is it something to do with the access?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
sowmya

Re: Not able to submit ZTEMPF using other IDs, works with my

Postby willy jensen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:06 pm

What do you mean by 'using other ids', how do you specify those? Or is it another user trying to submit from the dataset? Is the ispfile a permanent dataset of yours?
If it is security related then there should be messages in the syslog.
willy jensen

Postby steve-myers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:12 pm

You have to realize there are two SUBMIT (SUB) commands: the standard TSO line mode SUBMIT command and the SUB command in ISPF. I'm not 100% certain how the ISPF SUB command works, but it tricks the TSO SUBMIT command into using the ZTEMPF facility.

Now you are not clear what you mean by "other IDs." There are three security related issues here.

• The standard security environment, in which the job being submitted inherits the userid of the user submitting the job.
  • The USER=xxx (and the PASSWORD=xxx) parameters on the JOB JCL statement. The USER=xxx and PASSWORD=xxx business is in place to permit security to be in place when a job is submitted on a real card reader or an RJE card reader. There is an ability to alter the user without also specifying the user's password. This is called "surrogate" submission and was devised to permit job scheduler packages - whether a user devised package or a vendor supplied package or just a casual user, say you - to submit jobs with just the USER specified. This requires a special security setup controlled by security administration.
  • The sort of standard jobname from the JOB JCL statement, which generally requires the jobname to include the userid of the user assigned to the job. This requires security administration setup which is usually done when the userid is created.
Now we have to know what you are doing, which is what Mr. Jensen is asking, before anyone can help you.

Properly speaking this matter should be discussed with your security administration, not in a public forum like this one. Your security administration knows how security is implemented in your environment. We do not.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 am

I have allocated ISPFILE

Show us the details of how the file is allocated.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Return to CLIST & REXX