Its a good suggestion.
what I have thought to create an rexx utility is:
1) I will read an input file(which contains the vsam file names to be dump).
2) I will copy the content of this vsam file(which read from above step) to flat file(temp file).
3) I will read an output file(which contains the vsam file names which are to be created).
4) I will create this vsam file(which read from above step) with the same attribute to the vsam file read from input file.
5) I will copy the content of temp file created from step 2 to the new vsam file.
I have done above utility for flat and gdg ver files and the results are coming good.
Does my approach will work?
expat wrote:And it is untrue that you would need to run a Batch Job (NOT JCL) for every VSAM file.
Have you not looked at DFdss or even better if it is installed, FAVER.
You use ONE job to dump on the prod LPAR and ONE job to restore on the other LPAR
No I don't know about DFdss or FAVER.
Can you please tell me whats it? And how do I take benefit of it?
Thanks for all your kind help.