Could you please sugest me how to validate an E-mail ID.
Sorry, I am not sure if these are actual rules, or only rules that I came up with in my head.
I think the 'some_addr' portion of the email address should be checked for:
1. make sure it contains a period.
2. make sure the period is not the last character
3. no embedded blanks.
4. the only special characters allowed are hyphen and period. do not allow special characters in the domain name, ie: email@example.com[m
5. a hyphen cannot be the first or last character of a domain label
6. do not exceed 253 characters.