DB2 startup - SO4E Abend

IBM's flagship relational database management system

DB2 startup - SO4E Abend

Postby adurthisridhar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi,

When we are startring the DB2 system, we are getting SO4E abend and system is not comming up. Below is the error message.

IEF188I PROBLEM PROGRAM ATTRIBUTES ASSIGNED
IEF450I XXXXMSTR IEFPROC STARTING - ABEND=S04E U0000 REASON=00000000
TIME=07.12.14

Could any one please tell me what could be the reason for this abend.

Thanks,
Sridhar A
adurthisridhar

Re: DB2 startup - SO4E Abend

Postby NicC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 pm

First thing to do is look up the messages IEFxxxI

The next thing to do is ask "what has changed?"
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: DB2 startup - SO4E Abend

Postby steve-myers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 am

Fair use quote from z/OS V1R12.0 MVS System Codes
Explanation: When the system detects an error in internal IBM DATABASE 2 (DB2®) processing, it will abnormally end a connected user task (TCB) or one of its own internal tasks. For information about the reason codes associated with this abend code, see DB2 Messages and Codes.
System Action: The system abnormally ends the connected user task or the DB2 internal task.

Application Programmer Response: Check register 15 of the SDWA section 'General Purpose Registers at Time of Error', and locate the accompanying reason code. In addition, check the information displayed at the user's terminal, and in the corresponding logrec data set entry.

System Programmer Response: If the error recurs and the program is not in error, look at the messages in the job log for more information. Search problem reporting data bases for a fix for the problem. If no fix exists, contact the IBM Support Center. Provide the SYSOUT output for the job and the logrec data set error record.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to DB2