How to LIST all AUTHID for a TSO ID ?

IBM's flagship relational database management system

How to LIST all AUTHID for a TSO ID ?

Postby m4mainframe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 pm

How can I verify what AUTHID my TSO ID possess and how to list them or in which DB2 Catalog Tables I can check?
m4mainframe

Re: How to LIST all AUTHID for a TSO ID ?

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:23 am

Hello,

Are you running on the mainframe or some pc environment?

What releases of z/OS and db2 are being used?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 pm

from
http://ibmmainframes.com/about61573.html

z/OS 1.10
db2 V9 ( as suggested by the subsystem name DB9G )
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi Enrico,

As this poster posts on multiple forums, i believe we should de-activate the id on ibmmainframes.com.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

d
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm

As this poster posts on multiple forums, i believe we should de-activate the id on ibmmainframes.com.

yessss ! :mrgreen:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby m4mainframe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 pm

@dick - z/OS 1.13 and DB2 V10.1 . I think a person may have access to multiple platforms and problem may occur on different platform as well or do you guys right from the very beginning working on the same OS?? If so :shock: , think of upgrading - your OS in particular. :lol: on your approach on this post. I thought we are friends and can discuss our problem here. Looks like bunch of people are here to discourage new people like me.
@Administrator - what you say to ban these kind of people :?:

@enrico & @dick - i never knew that a person member of this forum is not supposed to post anywhere else? is that really true? :o
@Administrator - why don't you then banned these guys long back? Are the policies for this people and a new people different? :o
m4mainframe

Postby NicC » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:41 pm

You can post where you like but...what is NOT liked is posting the same question on multiple forums at the same time. If you do not get a satisfactory response within 48 hours then, by all means, post on another forum. People contribute to several forums and they get annoyed seeing the same question everywhere as it wastes their time. It may also be against the forum rules. Have you read the rules for each forum that you are a member of?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Hello,

I think a person may have access to multiple platforms and problem may occur on different platform

So do we . . . Many (most) of us have been using 1.13 for quite a while along with every release of z/OS that came before. Along with all of the MVS releases and others before that . . .

Looks like bunch of people are here to discourage new people like me.

Your perception is wrong. Hopefully, you will learn better.

i never knew that a person member of this forum is not supposed to post anywhere else? is that really true?

No, you misunderstand. Posting on multiple forums might be ok, but posting the same or very similar questions is Not.

why don't you then banned these guys long back? Are the policies for this people and a new people different?

No, the policies are the same. Again, it is your understanding that is flawed.

Suggest you spend some weeks watching the conduct of others and then adjust your style to that.
Personally, I am a member as well as one of the moderators.

Also, it is more than likely tht you are running on a pc rather than a real mainframe (Hercules is NOT a real mainframe). For these questions you will be better served in a forum for that environment.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby m4mainframe » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Nobody has answered to my question but everybody is trying to ban me. :o to see the spirit of the Global Moderator as well. is this a world where can I be heard?
it is more than likely tht you are running on a pc rather than a real mainframe (Hercules is NOT a real mainframe)

looks like i will have to keep mum (remain silent spectator in this dictator forum) so as not to confront with the global moderators and allied members. What they understand will be always taken to be granted as TRUE and others as FALSE. I don't know how come you conclude that (quoted text) and don't know why you guys behave so arrogant (may be i am judging wrong but at least this is what you make me feel about you - at least you doesn't look to be impartial\unbiased from my perspective - may be you will laugh and ban me - but have you ever thought from the perspective of a newbie)
i never knew that a person member of this forum is not supposed to post anywhere else? is that really true?
No, you misunderstand. Posting on multiple forums might be ok, but posting the same or very similar questions is Not.

I don't remember which question (or the similar questions)did i post multiple places\forums\times? Can anybody of the unbiased Global Moderator help me know\understand that?
m4mainframe

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Hello,

I don't remember which question (or the similar questions)did i post multiple places\forums\times
Your question about listing the authids was posted in multiple forums.

When you post with a confrontational attitude (may be a language thing) expect to be confronted . . .

When you have nothing of value to post, keeping mum is a very good idea.

may be i am judging wrong but at least this is what you make me feel about you
I believe you are judging wrong. The main reason most of us "OLD GUYS" are here it to help.

By the way - you never have posted if yours is a Hercules environment . . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Next

Return to DB2