Any help is appreciated.
Two input files, as shown:
1. Throw the two files together; sort is not important, one on top of the other is fine (as shown by the numbering).
2. Need to keep only one header record with date.
3. New trailer with trailer count of the parent records only.
4. OVERLAY method is not an option as the record length is the maximum already (don't ask, that's what I have to work with). I think it's 32756.
5. Adding the two record lengths together is an option, if DFSORT can do that.
6. Prefer one step versus using two cards with DFSORT commands.
I have ICEMAN and ICETOOL on the system this will run.