File-aid kinda sw.

Compuware's data management products: File-AID for IMS, File-AID/MVS, File-AID for DB2 and DBA-XPERT for DB2

File-aid kinda sw.

Postby lacenero » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Hello,
I have just started to work for a company that used to have a file-aid license. Too bad is they got some problems with compuware sales rep, and now we have to replace it.
To me this is "a must have" tool, but I don't know of any other vendor.
Do any of you know of an alternative to file-aid MVS?.

Thanks!
lacenero

Re: File-aid kinda sw.

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby lacenero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:04 pm

enrico-sorichetti wrote:IBM FIle Manager
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... s/FMNSHJ00

Thanks for the info, enrico.
We are looking for products outside the ibm portfolio, 3rd parties or other sw vendors. Do you have alternatives?

best regards.
lacenero

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Macro4 has a product for file management. I'm sure there are others but since you're not being too clear about what you're looking for (first you just want a File Aid replacement, then you want a File Aid replacement that doesn't come from IBM), I don't really have any other answers.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby lacenero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Robert Sample wrote:Macro4 has a product for file management. I'm sure there are others but since you're not being too clear about what you're looking for (first you just want a File Aid replacement, then you want a File Aid replacement that doesn't come from IBM), I don't really have any other answers.

I only have experience using File-Aid. My manager asked me to find something to replace it, but he has his own preferences that he is no sharing with me... that is why I am getting back :roll: Anyway, thanks for your help. I hope he can choose among these options.
lacenero

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm

We are looking for products outside the ibm portfolio, 3rd parties or other sw vendors. Do you have alternatives?

why did not say so in the initial question? I would not have wasted my time
and why should I/anybody-else bother to keep replying to a topic with changing requirement

remember ...
answering is on our <resources> and it not proper to waste other people time for an idiot manager whims! :evil:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby lacenero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 pm

enrico-sorichetti wrote:

why did not say so in the initial question? I would not have wasted my time
and why should I/anybody-else bother to keep replying to a topic with changing requirement

remember ...
answering is on our <resources> and it not proper to waste other people time for an idiot manager whims! :evil:

I am sorry, didn't want to make you waste your time. Thanks anyhow.
lacenero

Return to File-AID