RDW of a VB file.

Compuware's data management products: File-AID for IMS, File-AID/MVS, File-AID for DB2 and DBA-XPERT for DB2

RDW of a VB file.

Postby ranga_subham » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi,

Can you please help me on how to use "RDW" with FILE-AID batch. I need to display length of each record from a VB file.

Thanks.
ranga_subham

Re: RDW of a VB file.

Postby NicC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

F1, manual, Google. What did you find out from them?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Did you read the File-Aid/MVS Batch Reference Manual, especially CHAP_4.55 which has the title of RDW ? If not, I recommend reading it since this forum is not a manual reading service. If you have read it, did you attempt to use the feature and if so, what results did you get? If you have not yet tried the feature, try it.

If your site is licensed to use File-Aid, then you have access to the manuals -- whether in hard copy somewhere at your site, in soft copy on an internal web site, or (if no other way) then by accessing the Compuware support web site and downloading the manual yourself.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby ranga_subham » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi,

I read RDW and found this example with LIST

Example 1:
$$DD01 LIST RDW=3,IF=(1,EQ,C'A'),MOVE=(1,100,1)
Example 1 lists the first 100 bytes of all records of this variable-length dataset that
contain the character A in the first data byte of the record (not including the 4-byte
system RDW). The RDW is not included during record processing as specified by the
RDW parameter and is not printed since the MOVE parameter is present with the LIST
function.

I don't think I've understood MOVE=(1,100,1) :(

Thanks.
ranga_subham

Return to File-AID