ASRA abend

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

ASRA abend

Postby ansh_4702 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,
The field MCAS-CRP-NP-PAIDUP-AMT of MMASTER-WORK is getting corrupted data after the SET ADDRESS line. before the execution of this line its getting the proper data. Could anyone pls help me on what could be the reason for this ? I have put the displays before and after that line. Actually the total length of MMASTER-WORK has been changed but MCAS-CRP-NP-PAIDUP-AMT length is same what was earlier.pls help.

MOVE "PSMASTEY"              TO USU07-DDNAME.    
MOVE "READ"                  TO USU07-ACTION-CODE.
MOVE WINQ-POLICY             TO USU07-POLNO.      

EXEC CICS LINK                
     PROGRAM("LPSUSY07")      
     COMMAREA(I-O-COMMAREA)  
END-EXEC.                

DISPLAY "IN SURCHPAA LPSUSY07 out " MCAS-CRP-NP-PAIDUP-AMT.(here is gets the proper data)
EVALUATE USU07-RETCODE                                      
    WHEN "OK"                                              
       SET ADDRESS OF MMASTER-WORK                        
                             TO USU07-SCAT-ADDRESS  

DISPLAY "IN SURCHPAA when ok " MCAS-CRP-NP-PAIDUP-AMT (here is is getting corrupted data)
ansh_4702

Re: ASRA abend

Postby dick scherrer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 am

Hello,

MCAS-CRP-NP-PAIDUP-AMT length is same what was earlier.
The length of the amt might be the same, but if the displacement to the amt has changed, that must be dealt with as well.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby ansh_4702 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your response on this. I already recompiled my program to pick the new version of the copybook.
But i wonder that jst before SET ADRESS statement it gives the correct value for that field but after this statement...it gives no value for that field......I checked some fields of that copybook and they are getting proper values after the SET ADDRESS statement. Could you please tell me how can i resolve this problem.
Is there something wrong with the SET ADDRESS statement.....? the same code was running fine before copybook field enhancement.
ansh_4702

Postby dick scherrer » Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 am

Hello,

It sounds like some additional work is needed in the code to account for the re-arrangement/expansion of the data.

You might run the code the "old" way and see what value is in the address and then with the new copybook and see what value is in the address.

You might also talk with someone else who has changed code from the old to the new copybook and ask if they had to make any other changes.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol