Hi Billy, We're still looking at the issue.
1. For DASD, in the development region instead of going for compile JCL we did the compile in Endevor where the compile / link edit options are exactly the same but still couldn't recreate SOC4. So guess this could be ruled out.
3. For address, I took the address in 1608 and referred in the cross-reference where it had only one statement referring with it (MOVE). As you specified might be that there is lot of bad code in ProgB because we identified so many defects in ProgB during system testing which could have been possibly corrected in unit testing. So might be your point will be applicable.
4. In the programA / B We don use it (LE). Not sure about the other programs which is embedded in ProgB are using them.
When contacted the Support they also gave the information as Billy and Steve mentioned; the problem could be anywhere either in ProgA or ProgB or the embedded programs and Stored procedure of other applications. Still debugging on it.
We already tried with the load module (also suggested by DIck). When we tried last time we copied the load module / DBRMLIB of Prog A & ProgB to a DSN and did the bind. We were unable to create SOC4 with this.
Last friday since we've access to the testing environment DSN in development we maintained the same DSN for ProgA& ProgB and did the BIND alone to the development region and We were able to recreate SOC4. Donno why the DSN matters?
1. we used the load of development region for ProgA and did the bind
2. We used the load of Testing region for ProgB and did the bind
& Viceversa of the above.
We were still able to create SOC4 for above so we're thinking that the problem should be in ProgB (in vice versa condition SOC4 didn't happen). Since we gave this info ProgB owner have agreed to look into the issue.
As we're in UAT no one is taking the responsibility of the defect and is getting back & forth
Hopefully it would get resolved soon.
Since we recreated the SOC4 in development I was able to get the dump in DSN. I'm afraid to post it here. I shall PM you and if anything seems to be fruitful then I shall copy paste that part of dump in the forum. Incase if you get any clue on it can you please help? Thanks.