Compile JCL for COBOL error

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

Re: Compile JCL for COBOL error

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Good spot enrico!

Ok, this one wasn't so tricky :-)

Are there working examples at your site? If not, there should be some linkedit examples in your documentation. You can also try google once you know what you are looking for, you might get some other information.

If you had posted the Link Map rather than just those messages, it would also have helped :-)
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby TheSilverFox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 am

BillyBoyo wrote:Good spot enrico!

Are there working examples at your site? If not, there should be some linkedit examples in your documentation. You can also try google once you know what you are looking for, you might get some other information.

If you had posted the Link Map rather than just those messages, it would also have helped :-)

Thanks Enrico! I had to convert my LOAD library to a library dataset and then i had the STUB be a SYSIN versus a SYSLIN and that got rid of that problem :).

But now I notice when in the COBOL code, I try to call 'MQCONN' regardless of whether the Queue Manager exists or not, it doesn't fail. I want try to have it where it successfully is able to connect.

ADD MQPMO-FAIL-IF-QUIESCING MQPMO-NO-SYNCPOINT     

GIVING MQPMO-OPTIONS                               
 END-ADD                                           
 CALL 'MQCONN'    USING NAME                   
                        HCONN                       
                        COMPLETION-CODE             
                        CON-REASON                 
 END-CALL                                           

I display the HCONN, COMPLETION-CODE and CON-REASON but they're all 000000. Any suggestions? :)
TheSilverFox

Postby TheSilverFox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 am

TheSilverFox wrote:
BillyBoyo wrote:Good spot enrico!

Thanks Enrico! I had to convert my LOAD library to a library dataset and then i had the STUB be a SYSIN versus a SYSLIN and that got rid of that problem :).

But now I notice when in the COBOL code, I try to call 'MQCONN' regardless of whether the Queue Manager exists or not, it doesn't fail. I want try to have it where it successfully is able to connect.

ADD MQPMO-FAIL-IF-QUIESCING MQPMO-NO-SYNCPOINT     

GIVING MQPMO-OPTIONS                               
 END-ADD                                           
 CALL 'MQCONN'    USING NAME                   
                        HCONN                       
                        COMPLETION-CODE             
                        CON-REASON                 
 END-CALL                                           

I display the HCONN, COMPLETION-CODE and CON-REASON but they're all 000000. Any suggestions? :)

Turned out i linked the wrong stub. I was originally using CSQCSTUB but it was suppose to be CSQBSTUB. Good stuff :)
TheSilverFox

Postby NicC » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Please, when you have a new problem you start a new topic. This topic now has 3 different problems in it which can waste peoples time when they are researching a problem.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby TheSilverFox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

NicC wrote:Please, when you have a new problem you start a new topic. This topic now has 3 different problems in it which can waste peoples time when they are researching a problem.

Sorry about that. I'll be sure to write a new topic for any new issues i come up with.
TheSilverFox

Previous

Return to IBM Cobol