Please let me know how to find out the IP address of MAin frame server. This is required to FTP file from MAinframe to PC using cmd. Please let me know the options for FTP file from MF to desktop and vice versa. Thanks in advance.
There are a number of issues here:
1. when using FTP from a mainframe to another system, the mainframe is the CLIENT, not the SERVER
2. most sites prohibit transfers from a mainframe to a desktop PC
3. most desktop PC's do NOT run the required software to be a server in an FTP connection -- hence you CANNOT run FTP on a mainframe to a desktop PC
4. the options for mainframe FTP are well-documented in the Communications Server bookshelf in the User's Guide
manual -- and you can use HELP as an FTP command -- so why are you asking us to read the manual for you? This is a HELP forum, not a READ-THE-MANUAL-FOR-YOU forum.
5. when the mainframe is a client, you don't have to know the IP address it has, you only have to know the IP address of the server to connect to
6. as was pointed out, the BEST way to find the mainframe IP address (assuming you still want to know) is to contact your site support group -- they can also help you set up the FTP to do whatever it is you need to do with FTP