ADSA screen abend

Programming support for IDMS(Integrated Database Management System), IDD, IDMS-DC & ADS/Online

ADSA screen abend

Postby harshavmrg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:19 pm

HI Experts,

One of my screens are abending.

Preface: there is one screen where in i put the contract and it would display me all lines which has systems per line. In this screen . After putting the contract and pressing ENTER, it would display the first line in the contract. Meaning for the given contract, it displays the first system connnected. If you press F11, it displays next one and F10 then it displays the previous system.

Current condition where it abends. In this scenrio when i put the contract and press enter, it shoudl display me the first System under it, and it abends here with the below message
DC178007 APPLICATION ABORTED. PGM CHECK (DATA EXCEPTION)
V211 ENTER NEXT TASK CODE: CA-IDMS release 16.0 node REGIONNAME

To solve this prod abend, i copied the same data to test too. But in test it does not abend

and further i asked the DBA team to give me the dump of the screen when it abends next time. But what i am not sure is, why this screen abends only for this contract-systems pair and why it does not abend in test and how to see the ADSA ABEND DUMP.

can somebody suggest me a way to proceed...

thanks in advance and waiting for your guidennce
harshavmrg

Re: ADSA screen abend

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Possibly there is some invalid data for this situation in production. Suggest you work with the dba to ensure there is not a some data problem. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby harshavmrg » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Dick, thanks for the reply...

i did not understand 'Possibly there is some invalid data for this situation in production".... if there was an invalid date issue, as i had mentioned above, after copying the production data to test, it should have been created. Hence i am quite confused about that....

Till now i have done this....
1. got the data copied from production to test, the issue did not quite get recreated
2. trying to get the abend dump

my confusions
1. if it had a data issue, then it should get created after data is copied to test
2. how to see the abend dump

Please answer me and help me
harshavmrg

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Hello,

as i had mentioned above, after copying the production data to test,
Sorry. . . I missed that part :oops:

Was 100% of the production data (even in support tables or control files) copied to test or only the "main" data?

You will need to identify which line of code (and which field) causes the abend. This should be available in the diagnostic info from the problem productoin run.

Suggest you also talk with some senior who works in your environment . . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby harshavmrg » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks DIck for the response...

But still am worried...

i have one question to ask.. We move the code through AVISO... will it create the compile listing for the ADSO dialog when we move, or is there a way we do can get its listing?

this is just for my understanding
harshavmrg

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:33 am

Hello,

i have one question to ask.. We move the code through AVISO... will it create the compile listing for the ADSO dialog when we move, or is there a way we do can get its listing?
The specifics of how code is promoted will be known to your idms support or one of the seniors on your project.

I'd not attempt an answer as i'd very probably lead you in the wrong direction.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby harshavmrg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:43 pm

ThankQ dick, i am now getting the control tables/user tables also getting refreshed from the prod data to test data...lets see
harshavmrg

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:46 am

Good luck - please let us know the outcome :)

d
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby harshavmrg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Dick.

What we did is...we tried to see the sscreen properties... In rpoduction the diagnostic and Symbol tables were not attached.. We tried the same way and the screen abended in the test.

But when i tried to do the ADSALIVE, it said i need to attach both the tables to do it. If i attach them, the screen would not abend.

Now, coming to the dump read, am still not aware of how to see it.

Our DBA lead said some field is in error and i tried checking it. But it is not the case. I have one question to ask, by seeing the dump information, how to find out the exact error...Here is the dump information i got from him... is it possible that u can help me

DC466014 V211 Abort occurred in dialog ADE367 process PPAE367 version 0001
DC466015 V211 At offset 2C98 source sequence number 00000000

If possible, please guide me
harshavmrg

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 am

Hello,

What does the code at offset 2C98 do? Suggest you look at the variable(s) used in that (or possibly the previous) instruction and make sure the content is valid.

If your dba cannot read the dump, you may need to open an issue with CA support.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to IDMS/ADSO