information abt call statements in IMS DB

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

information abt call statements in IMS DB

Postby satyendra » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi All,
am satya. newly joined in this forum. am learning IMS DB and got confusion while declaring call statement.
In CALL statemnet generally, we used to give DLI-FUNC and PCB mask, segments and SSA's right?
but i have doubt in that? On what basis we are declaring these functionalities in call statement? how to declare PCB mask and where can we get details abt PCB mask? and also theoritcally i know abt SSA's. but while coming to coding, am not getting how to differenciate 2types of SSA? can any one please explain about my quesry...

Thanks,
Satya
satyendra

Re: information abt call statements in IMS DB

Postby Sandy Zimmer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 pm

The PCB masks are coded in the linkage section of your program. They will correspond to the PSB that was coded and gen'd to IMS. The PSB - program specification block - tells IMS what you will be doing in each segment within each database that your application program dictates.

There are basically two types of SSA - qualified and unqualified. Unqualified generally is used to access a particular segment with specifying which one. Qualified narrows your specification - within this definition, we can code for a particular key or code a boolean.

This is just a start.
Sandy Zimmer

Return to IMS DB/DC