Dataset transfer from 1 LPAR TO ANOTHER LPAR

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

Dataset transfer from 1 LPAR TO ANOTHER LPAR

Postby jaggz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Hello,

I wanted to transfer a copy of my PDS file to another site. To be precise i have created a PDS in LPAR1 and i want to transfer a copy of that pds to another LPAR2. Could you please guide me on this.
jaggz

Re: Dataset transfer from 1 LPAR TO ANOTHER LPAR

Postby steve-myers » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 pm

There are several ways to accomplish this task, but you have not bothered to tell us information we would require to guide you in this.
  • Do the LPARs share their disk drives? If this is true you might not have to do anything!
  • Can the JES systems on the LPARs talk to each other? If this is true and the data sets are not very large you can use the XMIT command to send the data if it is a sequential or partitioned data set, and the RECEIVE command to retrieve the data.
  • If the target system has FTP, and TCPIP is available on the source system and you can establish a TCPIP connection between the two systems, you can use FTP to transfer the data if the source data set is sequential.
  • Anything else seems to imply you want to steal something, in which case I'm not so sure we should be helping you!
steve-myers
Global moderator

Re: Dataset transfer from 1 LPAR TO ANOTHER LPAR

Postby jaggz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Xmit command worked wonder. Sorry for not being more precise.
jaggz

Return to JCL