- Compile one PL/I program and one CICS program using your site's standard procedures.
- Save both sets of JCL, for example via the SJ line command in SDSF
- Replace every occurrence of the program being compiled in the save JCL with &THISPGM and add a singlestatement to the JCL// SET THISPGM='WHATEVER'
- Create two edit macro's like these, one for the BATCH program and one for the CICS ones, suggest to call them SUBBATCH and SUBCICS/* REXX */
pgm.1 = 'WHATEVER'
pgm.2 = 'AAAA'
pgm.3 = 'AAAB'
pgm.198 = 'ZWER'
pgm.0 = 198
do i = 2 to pgm.0
j = i - 1
"isredit c '"pgm.j"' '"pgm.i"' first"
i = pgm.0
"isredit c '"pgm.i'" '"pgm.1"' first"
- Go into the member containing the BATCH compile JCL and enter SUBBATCH
- Go into the member containing the BATCH compile JCL and enter SUBCICS
Macro written on the fly, untested
Thanks prino. will try it...