Database Administrator - MVS
Provide Technical expertise as part of a team of technical specialists delivering excellent on-demand database management service to IBM global clients. Main responsibilities include:
Installation, administration, maintenance, implementation of database system.
Performing database version upgrade, patch application, database clone.
Performing database backup and recovery.
Performing database troubleshooting and performance tuning.
May be required to perform overtime activities and on-call support for clients in a different time zone.
1. 4+ years experience as a DB2 DBA on MVS.
2. Hands-on skills on DB2 monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, DB backup and recovery and experience on DB2 utilities on MVS.
3. 4+ years experience on MVS, JCL, ISPF/PDF, SQL.
4. Excellent communication skills in English or Japanese, both written and spoken.
5. Problem solving and customer services skills are a must.
6. Holders of DB2 DBA on MVS certificate (702,732) would have an added advantage.