IBM z/Platform - Service Improvement Lead - Edinburgh, UK - Major Bank - Â£75,000 plus bonus and benefits
Core Purpose of the Role:
Senior lead of a virtual team which is responsible for improving levels of delivery of the z/Platform Service.
Principle Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
Accountable for producing and delivering effective Service Improvement plans for the z/Platform. These plans should provide measurable improvements in the z/Platform service availability, reliability, quality or cost efficiency.
Accountable for ensuring compliance to standards (SOX, ITEC), including evidencing of the required compliance
Responsible for identifying risks to service thorough self audits and managing the mitigation of those risks.
Manage and deliver an effective capacity and performance optimisation programme to proactively meet service levels and reduce cost, thereby influencing the reduction of the TCO for the z/Platform.
Accountable for setting up and delivering a z/Platform benchmarking, with the aim to move the z/Platform towards world class status of operation within industry peer group.
Accountable for providing SWAT team capability to address severe incidents affecting mission critical services â€“ focus to be on Problem Management & RCA.
Accountable for ensuring all operational processes are defined, maintained and adhered to across entire z/Platform.
Responsible for understanding trends in the delivery of all relevant service levels and SD KPIâ€™s, and the communication of deviation of these to senior stakeholders.
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge that Candidates ought to have:
- Strong multi-disciplinary delivery experience within the IBM mainframe arena.
- A proactive focus to taking the z/Platform towards world class standard.
- Proven track record in improvement of delivery within a service/support organisation, and strong experience in leading a service/support team to ensure that the output of a delivery organisation and the requirements of a service/support organisation are consistent or improved.
- Highly motivated and strong â€˜self starterâ€™ capabilities, interpersonal skills and proven team management experience.
- Ability to liaise with technical areas and ensure workloads are assigned appropriate resources.
- Must be passionate about excellent customer service and be able to transmit this to others.
- Ability to run large virtual teams across multiple locations.
- An excellent appreciation and understanding of a wide breadth of IBM mainframe z/Platform infrastructure and processes.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate with respect to the complex technical environment.
This role is only open to those candidates with the right to work in the EU.
Please contact, in confidence, email@example.com with your CV, details of your remuneration and notice period.
Magnus Walker & Partners