IBM Academic Initiative z/OS Basics (24 videos)

IBM Academic Initiative z/OS Basics (24 videos)

Postby ApexNC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:53 am

ApexNC

Re: IBM Academic Initiative z/OS Basics (24 videos)

Postby NicC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Requires one to have a LinkedIn login - something that I do not have and do not want.
(Actually, I may have one but no idea what it is.)
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Not needed for the general thingies

anyway the linkedin page is just a ... look ma how smart I am
but there is a hint that maybe he is not as smart as he thinks
the Company Website points to Oracle :mrgreen:

BYTW... the facebook thing is a dead link
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby ApexNC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

NicC wrote:Requires one to have a LinkedIn login - something that I do not have and do not want.

NicC: Is this in regard to the 2nd post "Land Better Jobs Faster..."? (see below).
ibmmainframeforum.jpg
If so, I'm not sure how that even got there - it certainly wasn't intented.
Unlike other posts here, I see it doesn't show who posted it (see "?" at right in attached image.
Which leads me to suspect it may be an automatic ad inserted by, Google?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ApexNC

Postby ApexNC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm

enrico-sorichetti wrote:Not needed for the general thingies ... the linkedin page ... Company Website points to Oracle ... the facebook thing is a dead link

Whenever I reference someone else's work, I always try to give them credit - hence the LinkedIn and Facebook pages for Shameem Shoukath.
Note that the Company Website link on Mr. Shoukath's LinkedIn page is actually http://www.i-flex.com (not Oracle) but now redirects to Oracle, which acquired i-flex in the 2000's, renaming them "Oracle Financial Services Software".
I'd like to get the protocols right here as I'd like to post several more video links, as well as dozens more mainframe related links I've collected and posted over the years on LinkedIn.
This is due to LinkedIn's recent redesign of their Groups interface, which has made it no longer viable to host these links there.
User "Admin" indicated in a private message I could post with Moderator status here.
I replied with a "thank you", but message looks undelivered as it is still in Outbox.
I'd rather have moderator status applied to my other ID here - "dstaudacher" (rather than "ApexNC") - as that would be more widely recognized.
Any suggestions how to communicate this to user "Admin" or who that might be (an alias for...)?
ApexNC

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:27 pm

I'd rather have moderator status applied to my other ID here - "dstaudacher" (rather than "ApexNC") - as that would be more widely recognized.
Any suggestions how to communicate this to user "Admin" or who that might be (an alias for...)?

the moderator status is not needed to post

just start posting and let' s see what happens
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby dstaudacher » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 am

I reposted this topic using my "dstaudacher" ID.
Can this copy now be deleted?
I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how.
dstaudacher

Postby steve-myers » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 am

It appears to me one earns moderator status, possibly based on apparently knowledgeable posts. OTOH I discovered I had moderator one day, more or less by accident. No notification. No idea what a moderator could do or not do. In the last two years or so I have been slowly finding out. AFAIK, a "global moderator" is a "moderator" for all the forums, not just one.

As Mr. Sorichetti says, users in this web site can post in all forums the user can access. A "moderator" does not appear to be time limited to correct a post, which is often convenient, and a "moderator" can update other user's posts.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Yes, it was just the second link that required LinkedIn signin. As Enrico says, the facebook link is "dead" and the YouTube is accessible.

I am putting this topic on hold as you have reposted under your other ID. I will delete this one once people have had a chance to peruse it (about 8 weeks time). Moderators can still post to it
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic

These users thanked the author NicC for the post:
dstaudacher (Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:12 pm)
NicC
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:30 pm

the facebook link is just annoying and probably should not be there

I just checked...
the business pages are visible/available to everybody

This page isn't available

the private pages are visible/available only if you have a facebook account

- dead link was just a poor/misleading description
cheers
enrico
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Next

Return to Mainframe Related Videos