Discuss about all tools related to Mainframes but usable in a PC/Computer like Mainframe Simulators, Emulators, Abend Assist etc...
We are using RUMBA 2000, I been looking for a way to move data from a spreadsheet into the application. I want to macro the process and assume RUMBA can activate a VBA module that would parse the data then copy the information to buffer. This will allow the RUMBA macro to wait for the proper screens to paste the Data.
Does anyone know if this process is possible or is there a better way to create persistent variables for RUMBA macro automation?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 pm
- Has thanked: 0 time
- Been thanked: 0 time
Re: *.xlsx or *.txt Input to RUMBA
1) I think RUMBA provides a COM or API object for just this kind of thing. So it might be easier to manipulate the RUMBA screen from an Excel macro than the other way around.
2) Try to do cut/paste if you can instead of using the EHLLAPI "sendkeys" or "type" commands. It's WAYYYYYYY faster. We tooks a macro that was typing the contents of a large text field and changed it to use the clipboard. It went from running hours to running minutes.
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
For something so specific and on a Beginners and Students web site, I'm not sure you'll get many answers.
Have you checked with MicroFocus support or any fora for Rumba that may exist?
EDIT: Although you may even get an answer before my post hits the cutting-room floor.
- Global moderator
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 am
- Has thanked: 22 times
- Been thanked: 253 times
Return to Simulators & Emulators
by Wgimblet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm
- 3 Replies
- 1870 Views
- Last post by Wgimblet
Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 pm