TRAN=ETOA

Support for NetApp SyncSort for z/OS, Visual SyncSort, SYNCINIT, SYNCLIST and SYNCTOOL

Re: TRAN=ETOA

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 pm

OK, thanks. Since nothing on Linux is reading it except SFTP.... send the file to Linux as BINARY and don't do any conversion. Send from Linux to the other Mainframe, and don't do any conversion.

Did you find the mistake in your Control Card? Akatsukami is already a teacher. Please become more open if you expect to learn. It is much better to find the process to understand error messages, rather than be given the direct answer for an individual message.
WER001A COL 1 OR 1-15 NOT BLANK

This means: Column 1, or columns 1-15, is not, are not, blank. Can you see the reason for Akatsukami's question?
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 pm

gauravuppal11 wrote:
Akatsukami wrote:
gauravuppal11 wrote:Thanks for this. I used this but i am getting
WER001A COL 1 OR 1-15 NOT BLANK

And what about this statement do you find unfathomable?

@Akatsukami = Please do not ever become a teacher...I am using this forum so that i can learn some new stuff that i have never used before.
Looks like you were pretty rude on your reply and i m ok with that.

Aside from my obvious disinclination to spoon-feed you, what do you find rude about my reply?
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day

These users thanked the author Akatsukami for the post:
gauravuppal11 (Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm)
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

gauravuppal11 wrote:... we are taking 2 hops....mainframe to linux and then linux to another mainframe. There is no SFTP setup between mainframe to mainframe which is why we are taking this route. ...
You might be better off running the input data set through AMATERSE. The output data set can be sent as an "image" transfer through the two FTP transfers, and reconstructed on the receiving system using AMATERSE. The data set created by AMATERSE on the originating system is generally around 1/3 the size of the input data set, so the transfer is 3 times faster, and you don't have to be concerned about code translation.

AMATERSE is documented in MVS Diagnosis Tools and Service Aids for your z/OS release.

These users thanked the author steve-myers for the post:
gauravuppal11 (Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:14 am)
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby gauravuppal11 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 pm

@Akatsukami = Don't worry about it, thanks a lot for the replies. appreciate that.
gauravuppal11

Postby gauravuppal11 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks a lot Steve, TRSMAIN did the job for us. no translation at all. file came good after 3 hops. hex values restored.
thanks a lot againeveryone. much appreciated.
gauravuppal11

Previous

Return to Syncsort/Synctool