Is there a query command for WLM?

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

Is there a query command for WLM?

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:10 am

I've been searching online/ibm manuals looking for the answer, but have not had luck yet.

We have some jobs that are being assigned to the production batch high service class and they should be in the test batch high service class. In looking at the rules, I can not determine why this is happening. Basically jobs running in jobclass=Q have a TC that should put them in TSTBATHI. They are not being switched by operations, so there must be a hole in the rules that I am missing.

Is there a query command that given a jobname/jobclass would show what rule would be invoked to put them in a given service class?

(alternatively if you know of a manual that has the answer I'd be happy to RTFM)

;-)

Dave
Dave

Re: Is there a query command for WLM?

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 am

I don't know of any easy way to find this out. You need to look at the classification rules for your WLM policy. The rules trigger in sequence, so the first matching rule will be used. If one of those rules match your batch jobs (and they could be by name or class or whatever), that's how your batch work is assigned. You also need to understand the classification groups to know how the classification rules are applied.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: Is there a query command for WLM?

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:24 am

Figured out what the issue was. While there was a TC rule forcing all jobs in jobclass=Q into testbatch, there was a UI sub-rule underneath it that allowed certain userid's in jobclass=Q to run as prodbatch. I added a few more sub-rules under the TC rule so that production jobs in jobclass=Q would also now run with the prodbatch priority.

Thought I'd post what I was overlooking.

Silly Me.

Dave
Dave

Return to System programming