TSO users

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

TSO users

Postby jaggz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Group,

We have a sandbox environment for which there are currently 200 tso users are logged on and for the one particular LPAR we have a limitation of 1200 users. In terms of efficiency how many number of Tso users can be permitted and so that the CPU consumptions are kept under control. This question is for a knowledge purpose and please give me a hint or direct me to any URL that explains it better.
jaggz

Re: TSO users

Postby DFSHDC40 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:46 am

Sandbox with 200 users ..... No way!
If the code hasn't been changed, why is the LKED date today?
DFSHDC40

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 am

I saw that and thought someone does not comprehend the meaning of the term "sandbox system". The only time we would ever have more than a handful in our sandbox system would be during system testing a new OS release, when we'd shut down production and bring up everything on the sandbox to test as much as possible the production environment. 99% of the time, though, there's only a handful of systems programmers using the sandbox system -- and that's the way a sandbox system should be functioning! If the original poster truly had 200 systems programmers using that system, the site needs to redesign their systems so there's a sandbox system for each functional area, instead of just one.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby mongan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

You really can not answer the question, the answer can only be "it depends". It depends upon how big the CPU is or number of CPUs there are, what the people are doing in TSO, etc.
mongan

Return to System programming