DUMPSRV - EXCP count high

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

DUMPSRV - EXCP count high

Postby jaggz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi experts,

In one of our Test system the DUMPSRV's CPU and EXCP counts are really high. Are there any ways to reduce the EXCP count since the system performance is really slow. I took the below information after analysing each EXCP and CPU time and found DUMPSRV had really a high values interms of EXCP-Cnt and CPU -time.

Any thoughts or suggestions will help me in analysing more. Please guide or provide me a reference to analyse more on the below .

JOBNAME   CPU% ASID ASIDX  EXCP-Cnt   CPU-Time
DUMPSRV   0.66     5      0005      3332377      481.05

Regards,
Jags
jaggz

Re: DUMPSRV - EXCP count high

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Hello,

In one of our Test system the DUMPSRV's CPU and EXCP counts are really high. Are there any ways to reduce the EXCP count since the system performance is really slow.
You can reduce the resource usage by generating less dumps. . . If people are testing and continually "dumping", they need to mprove the way they do their work.

I suggest that a dump is not needed every time a test goes awry - only when the reason is not obvious. Simple debugging will find almost all of the errors with no need to generate a dump.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to System programming