Location of macro

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Location of macro

Postby samrat189 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:54 pm

How do i find the source code of the macro which i have executed? The macro which i have used is a common macro for all the users in my workshop and I knew its location been put in my CList libraries. But my clist contains hell lot of libs which i can't chk in one by one.. is thr any way to chk from which lib this particular macro has been called?

Samrat.
samrat189

Re: Location of Rexx macro

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

When in a tso/ispf session, try TSO ISRDDN and then specify M for member and the member name you are looking for. Sometimes ISRDDN is a restricted command in which case you'll need to talk with your system support people.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Re: Location of macro

Postby samrat189 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks for a quick reply.. and nice tip.. but still it is not working for my macro...says 'member not found'. In our shop we use CA's jclchk tool for jcl syntax checks.. and we give "!JCK" on command line in while editing the JCL to disply the errors. and I would like to know what exactly happens when this commnd executes... ?

Thanks,
Samrat.
samrat189

Postby expat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Maybe the library gets allocated when you invoke the JCL checker, you will need to find and trace the higher REXX code.

Also be aware that the code may call a program rather than a macro
expat

Postby samrat189 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 pm

expat wrote: you will need to find and trace the higher REXX code.

How do I find out that higher code. The only stuff that I have is that "!jck" , my clist, and some ISRDDN list given by Dick.

Thanks,
Samrat.
samrat189

Postby MrSpock » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Here at work, I opened a dataset for edit. I then used the command TSO ISRFIND, specified JCK for the Member Name and Y for LOADMOD. ISRFIND found this program in a library HLQ.JCLCHECK.LOADLIB. This macro is, of course, only accessible in an executable binary format.
MrSpock
Global moderator

Postby samrat189 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey Spock,
It(ISRFIND) is giving same results as "m <mem name>" with ISRDDN. Btw was command do u give on command line while doin jcl syntax validation? is it "JCK" OR "!JCK". I'm getting the results whn i search for "JCK" bt nothing for "!JCK" in both ISRFIND and ISRDDN.
samrat189

Postby prino » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:15 am

samrat189 wrote:Thanks for a quick reply.. and nice tip.. but still it is not working for my macro...says 'member not found'. In our shop we use CA's jclchk tool for jcl syntax checks.. and we give "!JCK" on command line in while editing the JCL to disply the errors. and I would like to know what exactly happens when this commnd executes... ?

Macros staring with an exclamation mark are PROGRAMS, and it's highly unlikely that you'll find the source anywhere on your system.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby samrat189 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Hey prino, u r a rite..
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... 0720125310
so here in my case "JCK" is the the macro which is executable program,i saw this mem as binary in the mems given by ISRFIND and ISRDDN.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts.. :D
samrat189

Postby MrSpock » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Samrat, I hope you had noticed that I had changed the Subject of your top and removed the word "REXX". I was wondering from the beginning how you would've know that the macro was coded in REXX if you didn't know where the source was and what system library it was in. Hopefully others reading this will take note that there's no specific requirement that ISPF Edit macros MUST be coded in REXX. ;)
MrSpock
Global moderator

Next

Return to TSO & ISPF