Secondary Space at ZERO

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Re: Secondary Space at ZERO

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 am

well..my pun did not come out too well...
I was implying cut... and paste them somewhere else ;)

I noticed the odd behavior, but sincerely in all my time around
it never happened to me to fiddle with the space parameter of an existing dataset !
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Secondary Space at ZERO

Postby steve-myers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 am

enrico-sorichetti wrote:... I noticed the odd behavior, but sincerely in all my time around
it never happened to me to fiddle with the space parameter of an existing dataset !
I rather doubt I ever fiddled, too, though I've known it was possible for a long, long time.

I recall one incident from my product support days when our code to init a VSAM Linear Data Set was rigged to stop when VSAM reported it was out of space. Then we ran into a customer who had some sort of STOPX37 product installed, and our code never got notified. I looked at our code, but didn't see any sort of quick & dirty fix. We told our customer to disable his STOPX37 product for our data set. That apparently was possible and the customer was happy.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Previous

Return to TSO & ISPF