Issuing a macro command

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Issuing a macro command

Postby dkm1987 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm

I've created a pgm - ABCD (basically does copy of a pds member to another, which we use very frequent in our project ) - which I would like to call as a macro by just giving ABCD from any panel in ISPF, rather than giving like TSO ABCD (which I'm aware on how to acheive). Why I would not prefer to use it as TSO ABCD, coz the pgm also takes 2 input arguments (TSO ABCD XXXX YYY). so it would be a more convenient, if I can eliminate atleast the keyword TSO. Can someone tell me if its possible and if yes, how to acheive?
dkm1987

Re: Issuing a macro command

Postby Akatsukami » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm

dkm1987 wrote:I'm a newbie to REXX. I've created a rexx pgm - ABCD (basically does copy of a pds member to another, which we use very frequent in our project ) - which I would like to call as a macro by just giving ABCD from any panel in ISPF, rather than giving like TSO ABCD (which I'm aware on how to acheive). Why I would not prefer to use it as TSO ABCD, coz the pgm also takes 2 input arguments (TSO ABCD XXXX YYY). so it would be a more convenient, if I can eliminate atleast the keyword TSO. Can someone tell me if its possible and if yes, how to acheive?

Start here.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Re: Issuing a macro command

Postby dkm1987 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:47 am

Thanks a lot... it worked and I learned something new today !
dkm1987

Return to TSO & ISPF