Run ISPF edit macro that not exist in sysproc.

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Re: Run ISPF edit macro that not exist in sysproc.

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

see here for a REXX script that handles user modifications to existing allocation
it works for my environment, anybody else trying to use it will have to check thoroughly
( my logon procedures just drop me into the tso command prompt )

http://ibmmainframes.com/about60112.html
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:12 pm

I have to ask: what was wrong with NicC's suggestion that the TS use the ALTLIB command?
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm

One thing being - you have to issue the command for every logical screenyou start. Also, I lost my concatenation when I was in my primary screen - but that could be because it had gone and one of my other screens got left as my only screen and I porbably had not done the ALTLIB. As SYSEXEC is unused (all system stuff goes to SYSPROC) my ALLOC works fine and is issued, in simple terms, to my TSO session and not my ISPF session so it is available to all screens I have active without having to keep track of where I am. Possibly I could use some alternative form of ALTLIB to get around the problem but - why should I?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby free_coder12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Thank you so much for this REXX. Saved my day
free_coder12

Previous

Return to TSO & ISPF