Using the RIGHT command to call a new panel

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Using the RIGHT command to call a new panel

Postby Blackthorn » Wed May 14, 2014 12:54 pm

I am developing an ISPF application that will display the contents of a table using a MODEL definition in the panel. The number of fields will not fit on one line so I want the user to be able to scroll right to see the remainder. I know I could have more than one line to display all the fields, but they are infrequently used so would rather have the maximum amount of rows displayed.

Since the scrolled panel will have different column headings, it will be a different panel. If anyone uses TWS, the list of jobs displayed in option 5.3 is the type of thing I'm aiming for. The problem I'm having is getting the RIGHT command to actually do anything. If I use my own command such as SR (Scroll Right) then it works fine by simply setting the panel name in the panel definition -

)PROC                 
 If (&zcmd = SL)       
     &zcmd = ' '       
 If (&zcmd = SR)       
  &xchgpan = TEXTSRCR 
  &zcmd    = ' '

The TBDISPL service then uses the xchgpan variable to set the panel name. Although this works, I want the user to simply be able to use PF11 to scroll right, not have to remember a special command. The above code snippet was cribbed from the panel mentioned previously used by TWS, except that TWS uses RIGHT and LEFT instead of SR and SL, but I can't get that to work. If I do issue a RIGHT or LEFT I get the "RIGHT is not active" message.

Thanks
Blackthorn

Re: Using the RIGHT command to call a new panel

Postby Pedro » Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm

Start your application with an application ID. And use an application command table with RIGHT set as PASSTHRU.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby Blackthorn » Thu May 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks Pedro, I will give that a go.
Blackthorn

Postby Blackthorn » Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks Pedro, that worked a treat! :)
Blackthorn

Return to TSO & ISPF