JCL submission for 45 different userid creation

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

JCL submission for 45 different userid creation

Postby jaggz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Hello ,

I have created a JCL for building a acf2 rule set for 1 user with four jobcards(for one user) in it. Is it possible for me insert for another 43 users in the same JCL. So that instead of completing it one by one i can finish up the task within one JCL compile.
jaggz

Re: JCL submission for 45 different userid creation

Postby NicC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:05 am

1 jobcard = 1 JCL - I presume you mean you have created 4 jobs in one member of a PDS.

Waht do you mean by 'JCL compile' - do you compile ACF2 rules? I do not know. You compile program source (usually) and you can do that in background, using JCL, or foreground using the ISPF panels.

Can you process more than one id at a time - what does the manual say, or, if you cannot be bothered with reading it why not try with just 2 IDs to start with and if that works then run again with the remaining 41 IDs.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: JCL submission for 45 different userid creation

Postby steve-myers » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:11 am

Back in 1983 I was the lead sysprog for an ACF2 install, so my memory is dated, to say the least! My recollection is you "compile" ACF2 data set access rules. I'm pretty sure you could "compile" multiple rule sets in a single job.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to JCL