IEBGENER SYSIN Control statement help

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

IEBGENER SYSIN Control statement help

Postby magik5 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:51 pm

Ok, it's me again I have another question regarding the control statements.

It's a two step program that creates and input file in step one, and then passes that file to step two. Step two I use control statements to display the output. I recieve no error codes on step one that I run, but when step two runs, I get back a 12 code.
1DATA SET UTILITY - GENERATE                                                                       PAGE 0001             
- GENERATE MAXFLDS=6,                                                   *                                               
           MAXLITS=26                                                                                                   
  RECORD   FIELD=(9,'         ',,1),                                    *                                               
                FIELD=(15,1,,10),                                       *                                               
                FIELD=(15,'               ',,25),                       *                                               
                FIELD=(8,23,,40),                                       *                                               
                FIELD=(12,'            ',,48),                          *                                               
 IEB342I INVALID SPACE ALLOCATION                                                                                       
                FIELD=(8,49,,60)                                                                                         
 IEB346I MISSING PARENTHESIS OR QUOTE 

I checked into the erros and I have an idea of what they are causing the problems, but I really don't see..

1 //Y111 JOB SC064502,                                                    SC064502
          //         CLASS=A,                                                             
          //         MSGCLASS=X                                                           
          //*                                                                             
          //*--------------------------------------------------------------*//           
          //*                                                              *//           
          //* Create a file                                                        *//           
          //*                                                                             
        2 //CREATE EXEC PGM=IEBGENER                                                     
        3 //SYSIN   DD  DUMMY                                                             
        4 //SYSUT2  DD  DISP=(NEW,CATLG),                                                 
          //            UNIT=SYSDA,                                                       
          //            VOL=SER=STRG01,                                                   
          //            SPACE=(TRK,1),                                                   
          //            DCB=(LRECL=80,RECFM=F)                                           
        5 //SYSUT1  DD *                                                                 
        6 //SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=*                                                         
          //*                                                                             
          //* Display the file                                             *//           
          //*                                                                             
        7 //EXTRACT EXEC PGM=IEBGENER                                                     
        8 //SYSIN   DD  *                                                                 
        9 //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*                                                         
       10 //SYSUT2   DD  SYSOUT=*                                                         
       11 //SYSUT1   DD  DSN=*.CREATE.SYSUT2,                                             
          //             DISP=(OLD,KEEP)                                                                                                     
       12 //                                                                             
 !! END OF JES SPOOL FILE !!
  STMT NO. MESSAGE

I thank you for you information all who try and help ! -j.
magik5

Re: IEBGENER SYSIN Control statement help

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Hello,

I'd suggest you count the length of the literals (' ') and adjust maxlits accordingly. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to JCL