FTP JCL Syntax

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

FTP JCL Syntax

Postby poturajula ravikumar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Friends,
i want FTP JCL Syntax because my requirement is to transfer the text file from desktop to mainframe server by using FTP Syntax .
please reply if any one knows.
poturajula ravikumar

Re: FTP JCL Syntax

Postby NicC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Fine -ask the relevant people in your organisation because it will depend on so many things unique to your situation.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: FTP JCL Syntax

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Google is your friend. You can easily find the FTP commands and their syntax via Google. FTP is not specific to the mainframe and generally the commands work across platforms. If you want the commands specific to the mainframe (such as SITE or LOCSITE), find the Communications Server bookshelf on IBM's web site and look them up in the User's Guide.

However, if you think you will be able to create a batch job on the mainframe and submit it to use FTP to connect to your desktop PC and transfer a file -- you are mistaken. FTP connects clients (the originating machine) to servers (the machine on the other side of the connection). A desktop PC almost never runs server software and hence cannot be accessed as a server via FTP. This means the batch FTP job on the mainframe cannot connect to your desktop.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to JCL