JCL COND=EVEN AND ONLY

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

JCL COND=EVEN AND ONLY

Postby muthu455 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I want to Know the Use of Even And Only in Cond?.... What is the Use Even And only?....... some one give me the solutions with examples better for me....
muthu455

Re: JCL COND=EVEN AND ONLY

Postby Akatsukami » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:05 pm

muthu455 wrote:I want to Know the Use of Even And Only in Cond?.... What is the Use Even And only?....... some one give me the solutions with examples better for me....

The COND parameter.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby muthu455 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

thanks for ur link and can u give me the sample programs with output....
muthu455

Postby NicC » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Programs? You are talking JCL not programming languages. Why not knock up a few jobs to tes out what you think you understand? You can use IEFBR14 for steps giving a 0 return code, IDCAMS to set non-zero return codes and a none-existent program (PGM=NOTFOUND is a favourite) for examples with an actual abend.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello,

To demonstrate EVEN and ONLY testing, you would need to create a batch process that will abend. There are many easy ways to do this. Force an 0c7 (invalid numeric), or 0cb (divide by zero), or an 013-20 (different blksize between the process and the file).

Then you can run jcl that will run or not run depending on if the job abended or not.

You need to read about EVEN and ONLY in the manual so you will have a clear understanding of how these work. If you find something in the manual that is not clear, post what you found and your doubt. Someone will be able to clarify.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Monitor » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Why not check out the IF THEN ELSE ENDIF JCL statements at the same time as you read about COND.
This IBM-link might be useful: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/educati ... l#BootCamp
Monitor

Return to JCL