EIBTRMID value

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

EIBTRMID value

Postby rockstar2020 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Hello All,

I have CICS background transaction which is auto triggered by a assembler program, as a result EIBTRMID is LOW VALUES. Is there any way that I can retrieve the EIBTRMID as I need to use for the name of TSQ? Please let me know.

As info, am not aware of the assembler program and how it triggers all transactions.

I searched a fee topics but really couldn't find an answer that am looking for.
rockstar2020

Re: EIBTRMID value

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:17 am

Since your transaction is not running attached to a terminal, what EIBTRMID do you want to use? If you want to use the EIBTRMID of the assembler program, you'll need to have that program pass it to you -- via DFHCOMMAREA or however your site wants to do so. If you don't have anything else, why not generate a 4-character field that you could use for the TSQ -- just talk to your site support group first to make sure you don't inadvertently pick an actual terminal by mistake?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: EIBTRMID value

Postby rockstar2020 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks Robert. I'm not sure how that assembler program can pass the term id. Anyhows am gonna use some characters for TSQ name as every time the transaction will delete the TSQ when its initiated again.
rockstar2020

Return to CICS