TS QUEUE deleted at start of the program

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

TS QUEUE deleted at start of the program

Postby apjohn1986 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 pm

One of the CICS program is failing in production(not all the time, only on few scenarios). As per Dump, it seems like TS Queue is deleted before the execution of 'EXEC CICS READQ TS QUEUE'.

I am new to CICS. Can one you please explain possible scenarios where TS Queue deleted before program execution.
Thanks,
John
apjohn1986

Re: TS QUEUE deleted at start of the program

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm

As per Dump, it seems like TS Queue is deleted before the execution of 'EXEC CICS READQ TS QUEUE'.

a dump of the CURRENT transactions will just tell < generally> that the TS queue does not exist,nothing about its history,
unless You find an entry in the the trace table about it, but then the trace would tell who deleted it

so all the info needed is available without asking on a forum.
in any case speak to Your support
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby apjohn1986 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks for the response enrico!
I have contacted the support. they said program failed due to queue id error and they asked me to analyze the code how TS queue deleted. I am not sure how to proceed with anlysis, thats why posted the question here.
Thanks,
John
apjohn1986

Postby Robert Sample » Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 pm

I am not sure how to proceed with anlysis, thats why posted the question here.
1. Find the source code.
2. Look for EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS statements.
3. Look at the logic before each statement to determine under which condition(s) the statement is executed.

Applications may delete the TS queue to ensure that starting a new transaction does not involve any data from an old transaction. The application may have been coded to delete the TS queue for any number of reasons, actually, so you need to start reviewing code, paying attention to the comments in the code.

These users thanked the author Robert Sample for the post:
apjohn1986 (Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm)
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CICS