NoOverridingDDNames

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

NoOverridingDDNames

Postby Saramrkd » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 am

hi guys.
i try to hand in an assignment.it is about cics.i have written a bms programm(to be precise i have only replaced the pattern with my data).but when i submit it,it shows maxcc=8.any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Saramrkd

Re: NoOverridingDDNames

Postby Akatsukami » Thu May 10, 2018 4:49 am

Yes, it is in error. Since you have not shown what the error is (which can be done by a simple copy and paste from your emulator; do not post screenshots) no more can be said.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby Saramrkd » Thu May 10, 2018 5:07 am

01.32.08 JOB00705 $HASP165 PRAK040M ENDED AT N1  MAXCC=8 CN(INTERNAL)  was the error

and i dont know if it is related or not but in sdsf i found this:
No Overriding ASMAOPT Parameters
Overriding Parameters- SYSPARM(MAP),DECK,NOOBJECT
No Process Statements
and
No Overriding DD Names
Saramrkd

Postby prino » Thu May 10, 2018 5:17 am

Saramrkd wrote:01.32.08 JOB00705 $HASP165 PRAK040M ENDED AT N1 MAXCC=8 CN(INTERNAL) was the error

No that's not the error, that's just the message that tells you there is an error!

Now go back to SDSF and find the real error!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby steve-myers » Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am

Saramrkd wrote:...and i dont know if it is related or not but in sdsf i found this:
No Overriding ASMAOPT Parameters
Overriding Parameters- SYSPARM(MAP),DECK,NOOBJECT
No Process Statements
and
No Overriding DD Names

Those messages are simply status messages in the High Level Assembler. They are not, repeat, not error messages. High Level Assembler error messages are ASMAnnn (where nnn is a number) followed by text. In addition, the macros called in your input may produce errors of their own. I cannot predict their format or how to interpret them.

The SYSPARM(MAP),DECK,NOOBJECT text repeats the contents of the PARM='xxx' in the JCL EXEC statement used to start the High Level Assembler.

"ASMAOPT parameters" are parameters specified by the data set specified by the DD statement with DD name ASMAOPT in the JCL used to start the High Level Assembler. This message either states there is no ASMAOPT DD statement, or it is empty.

"Overriding DD names" reflect a facility of the High Level Assembler when it is called by another program that allows "standard" DD names used by the Assembler to be replaced by a different DD name, for reasons determined by the program calling the Assembler. For example -
  Standard   DD Names- SYSLIN   SYSLIB   SYSIN    SYSPRINT SYSPUNCH SYSUT1   SYSTERM  SYSADATA ASMAOPT
  Overriding DD Names- SYS00188 SYS00189 SYS00185 SYS00187                   SYS00186
These messages tell us that SYS0188 is to be used in place of SYSLIN, and so on. These messages appeared when the Assembler was run by a TSO command processor.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Thu May 10, 2018 1:50 pm

You have been told before to not post screen shots but to cut and paste. Use the code tags to display the data. Search the forum for how to do this or simply use the post reply button to reply. You have also, it appears, corrected your JCL that was the topic of another post in the JCL section but you have not completed that toopic by say it is resolved and how you resolved it. Nor did you thank everyone for their help.

As you are a student the first person to ask is your tutor. The last place to ask is a forum - this applies to everyone , not just students).

Have you looked at you SYSPRINT and/or SYSOUT as that is the place the assembler will write its messages?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic

These users thanked the author NicC for the post:
Saramrkd (Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 am)
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Saramrkd » Thu May 10, 2018 11:30 pm

i dont exactly know where to find the error.there is alot of information in sdsf file.i googled and read a long time about it.but it seems to be pointed to no where special to find the details about error.or i dont understand it.could anybody explain me how it workd?
Saramrkd

Postby prino » Fri May 11, 2018 12:34 am

Saramrkd wrote:i dont exactly know where to find the error.there is alot of information in sdsf file.i googled and read a long time about it.but it seems to be pointed to no where special to find the details about error.or i dont understand it.could anybody explain me how it workd?

Akatsukami wrote:"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day

Upvote by?

+1? No, lets try
+10? No, lets try
+1 googol? No, lets try
+1 googolplex? No, lets try
+1 googolplexian? No, lets try
+1 Graham's Number? Even that wouldn't be enough.

Go to your tutor, stop wasting everyone's time here. If you cannot even put an "S" before your job-output in SDSF and use PF8 to page down and look for error messages, you should not be using z/OS. Go back to your point-click-and-crash system.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby Saramrkd » Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 am

of course i can put a s before the job output.but i dont understand where the problem ist.bcs there is simply no msg.but when i submit the job there is maxcc=4 :
BTW.why do you feel yourself responsible for wasting your time? you can simply dont answer.Maybe there is someone who wants to help me.
Saramrkd

Postby steve-myers » Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 am

Saramrkd wrote:of course i can put a s before the job output.but i dont understand where the problem ist.bcs there is simply no msg.but when i submit the job there is maxcc=4 :
BTW.why do you feel yourself responsible for wasting your time? you can simply dont answer.Maybe there is someone who wants to help me.

Why don't help yourself and READ what people are saying. From an earlier response,
... High Level Assembler error messages are ASMAnnn (where nnn is a number) followed by text. In addition, the macros called in your input may produce errors of their own. I cannot predict their format or how to interpret them.

These users thanked the author steve-myers for the post:
Saramrkd (Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 am)
steve-myers
Global moderator

Next

Return to CICS