How to see CICS job log?

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

How to see CICS job log?

Postby thiagorr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:57 am

Hi!
I installed a CICS transaction but I have an instruction to see the CICS job log to solve the errors.
How do I find this log?

Thanks!
thiagorr

Re: How to see CICS job log?

Postby hakghen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Go into SDSF. From there, type OWNER * and then DA to see the active users list.

Search thru the list and eventually you will find your USERNAME and the CICS service next to it. Insert a ? as the option for viewing it and it's done, you'll be able to see the CICS joblog (CEEDOUT).

[]'s,

Hakghen
[]'s,

Hakghen
hakghen

Re: How to see CICS job log?

Postby dick scherrer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Hello,

That will work for tso sessions, but not (i believe) cics sessions. Please post an example of cics log info that is available/separated by username. . .

but I have an instruction to see the CICS job log to solve the errors
From what is posted, i am not sure which "log" you have been directed to use. There is the system log (console), the jes log for the cics job (the first sysout dataset) and at least one more called msgusr (if i've spelled it correctly). Most people i know solve problems with the transaction dump (which you would co-ordinate with your cics system support to obtain) when they cannot solve the problem otherwise.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CICS