How to return Back to the previous screen frm Current screen

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

How to return Back to the previous screen frm Current screen

Postby Anila_MS » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi,

I am having two transactions namely SF10 & SF25.The transaction SF25 is traversing from
SF10 transaction by keying PF5.

The program which is invoking SF10 transaction is having COMMAREA length as 700 & that of
SF25 is 4056.

Currently We are using XCTL in SF10 program to call SF25 program & when we are keying PF3
the control was going to CICS main Screen.

But Now our requirement is,Whenever we are pressing PF3 from SF25 transaction screen,the control should go back to SF10 transaction screen.

I have tried with LINK command in SF10 program to invoke SF25 program(Because I heard only thru LINK,
the control will come back to the calling program.),But When we are traversing to SF25 from SF10 by keying PF5
We are getting an error like "TERMINAL ERROR",And when We are pressing PF3,It was showing an error
as "Invalid key" & the control is not even going to the CICS main screen & also the screen got stuck.

Could anyone advice me to resolve this issue?
Anila_MS

Re: How to return Back to the previous screen frm Current screen

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:19 pm

You need to clean up your program logic. Your best approach is probably to find a white board, diagram out exactly how the two programs should interact and how each should respond to PF keys, especially going back and forth between the programs. Then, change your code to match the white board logic.

All the errors you described are typically programming errors -- sending two maps without a receive in between, not invoking a program with the right parameters, and so forth. The good news is that these are all fixable. The bad news is that you or someone at your shop will have to fix them -- and it may require some time to go over the code and straighten it out.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Anila_MS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your reply.

Could you please explain about white board logic,and the ideas which you have mentioned above ,as I am very new to CICS ,and also its my first assignment in CICS.I have just started learning CICS,So I am not able to get the above mentioned ideas properly.
Anila_MS

Postby ashwin1989 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Anila,

You can check your program by debugging.

use the following service transaction in cics and then enter the trans id.

CEDF - enter - clear the screen - give the trans id and see the status for every statement in your appln prg.

Let me know what it says. If Possible pls send me the scrn shot of your appln prg.

also you have to issue the return command in sub program so that you can return back to the main prg screen on pressing enter key.
ashwin1989

Postby NicC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Whiteboard, blackboard, piece of paper - something to write on
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to CICS