Buttons in map

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Buttons in map

Postby kirankumarpokuri » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi all,

Can any one please tell me how to add buttons in CICS mapping like CLOSE, ENTER, SUBMIT . And also how to assign some action to that button . This task is very urgent to me any one knows please tell me how to do. Or else please give me example code for that. It helps me

Thanking u

Kiran
kirankumarpokuri

Re: Buttons in map

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Asking on a forum means, by definition, that the task cannot be urgent. If the task is urgent, you should either contact your site support group for assistance or contract to get the work performed.

Mainframes do not have "buttons" on the screen. Mainframes use PF keys to do similar functions -- but the way they work is completely different than a PC environment; unlike a PC nothing on the mainframe screen is transferred to the computer until the appropriate key (clear, enter, PF or PA key, etc) is hit.

IBM has a number of documents about using web interfaces with CICS -- even CICS legacy applications. I recommend you go to the IBM web site, search for CICS and web and start reading the documentation. This will take some time but it will be time well spent.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CICS