MOVING LOW_VALUES

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

MOVING LOW_VALUES

Postby sambari535 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

what is the need of moving LOW_VALUES? pls help me .. i am a beginner
sambari535

Re: MOVING LOW_VALUES

Postby Robert Sample » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Since you are posting in the CICS forum, I am assuming you are wanting to know why move LOW-VALUES to the output map before sending it. If this is not what you are asking, please restate your question -- using full, complete sentences -- to explain just what it is you want to know. Making us guess half your question is not a good way to get an answer that makes sense!

From section 6.4.3.3 of the CICS Application Programming Guide manual:
A value is present. The definition of "present" varies slightly with the field component:

* For field attributes bytes, the value must not be null (X'00') or one of the values that can be left over from an input operation (X'80', X'02', or X'82').

* For extended attribute bytes, the value must not be null.

Note: BMS sends only those extended attribute values that the terminal is defined as supporting. Values for other extended attributes are omitted from the final data stream.

* For display data, the first character of the data must not be null.
In other words, you move LOW-VALUES to the output map to ensure there are no values except what you put in.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CICS