CICS pgm

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

CICS pgm

Postby Naagju » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:07 pm

hi.....where we have 2 write CICS pgm? interviewQ

As i know we have to write in cobol.exe( batch mode) n will run in online...
other than these..any tool is there 2 wrote CICS Application pgm?

Regards!!!
-Naagju.
Naagju

Re: CICS pgm

Postby NicC » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:13 pm

If it is an interview question why is it not in that part of the forum? And please note that 'to' is written 'to' not '2', 'And' is written 'and' not 'n' and what is cobol.exe?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 am

Hello,

Please start over and clarify what you want to learn. . . There is very little we can provide based on the initial post.

"cobol.exe" sounds like somethng for the pc - we have no cobol.exe on that mainframe (at least not that i'm aware of). And this forum is basically for mainframe topics - we'll often try to help with Win/*nix questions, but this not the focus of these forums.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Naagju » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:16 pm

i m sorry for not providing clear expalnation..

people asked me that where we can write CICS program??
i mean cobol.exe stand for cobol load lib..
weather any tool or environment s there to write a cobol pgm??

Advance appreciation for u r answer..
Naagju

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:52 pm

i mean cobol.exe stand for cobol load lib
Terminology is critical in IT, where similar terms may mean very different things. If you mean COBOL load library, say "COBOL load library" -- not cobol.exe, not cobol load lib -- "COBOL load library". And note that COBOL, as an acronym, is capitalized in English.

You can use TSO / ISPF editor to create COBOL source code. You can use, if you site has it, an IDE (such as IBM's Rational Developer for System z) to write COBOL source code. There are IDE for mainframe as well as for PC (that can upload the code to the mainframe when needed). You could even create a COBOL program in Notepad on Windows, save it as a text file, and upload it from the PC to the mainframe.

Bottom line: pretty much any text editor can be used to create COBOL source code, as long as it can be transferred to the mainframe for compiling. CICS programs can be written in COBOL, PL/I, Assembler, or even C -- so all of the above applies to CICS programs as well.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CICS