CICS Journaling Setup

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

CICS Journaling Setup

Postby ballj35 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Can anyone assist with helping me to define a Journal file to use for the transaction which I am running. I would like to
use 2 journal files, but do not know how to set them up and then reference them. I have a Recovery job, that looks for
these journal files to recovery the data and restore back the contents of the file.
The instructions I have for this product uses the Journal Control Table, which IBM says is not longer applicable and I am
over my head on this one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thanx in advance.

Jerry
ballj35

Re: CICS Journaling Setup

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:28 pm

CICS journalling is now handled by the system logger. Find the system logger manual and read up on it. Unfortunately, some one else set up our system logger for CICS journalling and I don't know much more than that.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby ballj35 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Is there a way for me to be able to get in touch with that person.
I am an applications guy and when I read these items in these manuals
from IBM, I am more than confused.
ballj35

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:15 pm

The person who set up system logging for us is no longer with the organization, so I have no contact data for him.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby MrH » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Unfortunately, you're talking about something which not only involves the MVS logger, it probably also will involve SMS, so you're not talking about something that will be quick or easy.

Here's a sample JCL that can help you get started: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa? ... -l&P=66473
MrH

Return to CICS