can we create a drop down list in cics

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

can we create a drop down list in cics

Postby kirangentlebreeze » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:56 pm

hello friends,i am begginer in cics
can any one let me know wheather it is possible to create a drop down in cics
kirangentlebreeze

Re: can we create a drop down list in cics

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 pm

You cannot create drop down lists that work like Windows -- CICS does not do anything until the appropriate key is hit (enter, clear, PF or PA key). Furthermore, CICS does not do windows, so any data overlaid by your "drop down" will not be restored when the "drop down" is completed -- unless your program keeps up with the data and restores it, which may be difficult.

CICS works under different ideas about computers and resources than Windows. You would serve your users (and yourself) much, much, much better by learning how to do things that work well in CICS, rather than trying to emulate features from another platform -- especially ones that don't transfer well.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: can we create a drop down list in cics

Postby DWatkins » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 pm

I have applications that save the screen data (used to restore the screen) when leaving a program to do another function and returning back! placing a smaller window as a message window (versus a message on lline 23) could be interesting.

DW
DWatkins

Return to CICS