CICS CQRY ZCIOWAIT

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

CICS CQRY ZCIOWAIT

Postby tricyli » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Recently I have a question about CQRY.
I can monitor that two or more transaction CQRY were running at the same time,but the status were ZCIOWAIT. Sometimes CQRY lasted several minutes.
CICS uses transaction CQRY to query a terminal on its capabilities. The TYPETERM of these terminals would specify QUERY(ALL) or QUERY(COLD).But I checked it in CEDA,it was specified QUERY(no).
Could you tell me what causes this situation? Thank you very much. Hope your answer!
tricyli

Re: CICS CQRY ZCIOWAIT

Postby mongan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:45 pm

CQRY is a CICS transaction - part of the CICS system, something that usually should not interest you and you should not normally play with. So, why are you even looking at that and worrying about it? What is your problem that makes you think that there is a problem mit CQRY?
mongan

Postby tricyli » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Because most of them were normal, this is, they were finished in some milliseconds.I want to know the principle about it. Who calls it?Why will it execute so much time sometimes?
tricyli

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Google is your friend. Googling cqry returns 107,000 and one of them on the first page talks about what CQRY is, and several others on the first page talk about ZCIOWAIT conditions and CQRY.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby tricyli » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:30 pm

I searched it in google. But I cannot find the answer. It said there is a parameter named TYPETERM, but I checked it in my system. It specified QUERY(no). Who can explain transcation CQRY in detail? Thanks for your replies. I am so appreciate. Still waitting for the answer.
tricyli

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 pm

just googled and ... guess what
Problem(Abstract)
You have a CQRY task hanging in CICS. CEMT shows that the task is suspended waiting on terminal input. This is seen as a suspend HTY(ZCIOWAIT) HVA(DFHZARQ1).
Cause
CICS uses transaction CQRY to query a terminal on its capabilities. The TYPETERM of these terminals would specify QUERY(ALL) or QUERY(COLD). The ZCIOWAIT DFHZARQ1 means CICS is waiting for the terminal to respond. If your terminals are TCP/IP 3270 Telnet sessions, an Internet worm virus can cause enough congestion in your network that the response to the query never comes.
Resolving the problem
There is no CICS solution to this problem. The network congestion must be cleared up before CICS will function normally.

the APAR talks about a worm virus, really there are zillions things that might cause a network congestion

furthermore You should have no nedd to use that transaction... see
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... fhp3bc.htm

the info posted was found in the first two links after a google search for cqry cics
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to CICS