Which transaction will be triggered to process REXX?

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Which transaction will be triggered to process REXX?

Postby st8676746 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:59 pm

I am a beginner in learing WebSphere MQ and CICS.
As some books have said, "To trigger the CICS transaction, WebSphere MQ generates a trigger message and puts it on to the initiation queue. A trigger monitor, will run in CICS to process this message and then start the appropriate transaction."

I am so confused with the "appropriate transaction". For example, if a rexx script sends a request and the trigger monitor wants to process this message, which "appropriate transaction" will begin ?
At first I think it will be the transaction CECI. But after I check the CICS Infomation Center, I find out that the CECI does not have a command that can be used to process the rexx script.
Therefore, could you please tell me, if triggered, which transaction in CICS will be beginned to process the rexx ?

Thanks very much.
(Sorry for my poor English)
st8676746

Re: Which transaction will be triggered to process REXX?

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello,

Over time, with practice, the English will improve :)

which transaction in CICS will be beginned to process the rexx
I believe you have a considerable bit of misunderstanding. . . REXX is run in tso/ispf or batch - i've not seen rexx run in cics.

If you use websphere to trigger a transaction, part of the process is the specification of which transaction to invoke.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby st8676746 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I am getting a bit more understanding with your help.

Please allow me for asking one more question.
If the trigger monitor that I use is the "WebSphere MQ-supplied trigger monitor for CICS",
after I use a rexx program to send a request, which CICS transaction will be triggered to process the request ?
Does there exist a way to find this CICS transaction ?

Thank you.
st8676746

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Hello,

From earlier:
i've not seen rexx run in cics.
Since this post, i've learned that rexx can be run in cics, but is not yet so common. . . (Thanks Enrico).

after I use a rexx program to send a request, which CICS transaction will be triggered to process the request ?
I'm still not sure if this is how the process will work. . . :?
Does websphere not issue the request to cics (where the rexx is run)? I'm not sure what request might be sent from rexx to websphere.

See if this might have something useful:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg24006282

This is not something any of my clients are doing to day, so i'll be learning right along with you :)
The bad news is that with the pieces not available, i'll not be able to experiment. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Andrey Barrett » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello,

Did someone find the answer?

Thanks.
Andrey Barrett

Postby mongan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 pm

An answer can not be given as far as I can see. The question itself is garbeled. He talks about MQ sending a message that triggers a transaction. Then he talks about Rexx and which transaction is triggered. Beside that, isn't this a site dependent question? What transaction is triggered depends on the definitions in the shop. So, I really do not know how anyone outside of the shop can help with this.
mongan

Return to CICS