Status of the queue.

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Status of the queue.

Postby Viswanathchandru » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi folks,
Today we got up with a problem. When we are checking the CICS log i found an error msg stating
DFHTS1311 CICS1 Temporary storage data set is full and cannot be extended.
. I googled and cleared the TSQ in the cics system. Then recreated the Temporary dataset and bounced the region back. Now after some time when i checked with CEMT I TSQ i found only one queue(auxillary) and its being displayed as below.
Tsq(TS-QUEUE ) Num(16679) Len(0002134912) Aux
Tra(G104) Max(00128) Min(00128) Las( 00001096 )
. Again i found the Temporary datasets are full. Is the Length in the tsq is a big one that is hogging the temporary datasets? Please advice me on this. Hope i'm clear. Apologies if i'm wrong.

Thanks,
Viswa.
Viswanathchandru

Re: Status of the queue.

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:34 pm

find the application/program that hogs the ts and fix it!
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Viswanathchandru » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot Enrico for your time and reply. Again a valuable reply.

I have only one doubt. I found the LEN in the result seems to be higher. Is this due to the program or else the LEN is being defined as such in the definition? i'm bit confused and advised the programmer(as you said) to delete the queue once its done. Again when he throws the transaction the LEN value increases to large value and again the temporary datasets is fulled. Can you please tell me what is the LEN in the status defines is it the length of the record that is being processed or something else? Please advice. Apologies a ton if i'm wrong.

Thanks,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:31 pm

here is a link where all the fields are explained
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... ha7mo.html
serious application review is a must!
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Viswanathchandru » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks a lot Enrico for your most valuable post and your time. Will go for a review of the programs. Thanks once again.

Thanks,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Return to CICS