Search/display PROFILE

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Search/display PROFILE

Postby clapclash » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi guys! I was wondering how can I know the profile for an single transaction in CICS, for example CEDC in the group DFHSPI, is there any function or I have to check the reference book? I hope someone can help me,

Thanks
clapclash

Re: Search/display PROFILE

Postby clapclash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:44 am

Is it DFHCICST or DFHEDAP?
clapclash

Postby mongan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Have your tried CEMT I TRANS(CEDC) ?
mongan

Postby clapclash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 pm

What if I'm not authorised to use transaction CEMT????
clapclash

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:00 pm

That would make your answer. "No, I haven't tried it. I am not authorised to use CEMT. I will locate someone who has such authority and seek their assistance. I will let you know. Thank you very much for the tip."
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby clapclash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I can't ask anyone else now, so I would really appreciate your help guys
clapclash

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:16 pm

do You have the business need to know ?

NO... just forget about it,
but if You are going to face sleepless nights, unruly hand tremors, nightmares, cold sweats, ...
searching the manuals Yourself will provide hints on how to get that info, but it would be a poor cure for Your <diseases> :geek:

YES... You support will be glad to explain how to obtain/provide the requested info or provide You with the proper authorizations to find out Yourself

as a shortcut googling for cics transaction profile display will return the links to the manuals to satisfy Your curiosity on how to do it,

but if You still do not have the authority to use the CICS <system administration> transactions
You will have to ... resort to a different/stronger medicine, or keep wandering in the night, spill Your coffee, scream out loud, use towels to dry Yourself
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby clapclash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Sorry dude but I think u could have kept this comment for yourself, absolutely useless! I have already researched on Google all the things you said, but my biggest issue is that I'm not authorised to use CEMT!!! So if someone can help me I would really appreciate, if instead it's just another useless comment like enrico's than keep it for yourself...
Ah enrico cerca di fare poco lo stronzo e dammi una mano invece : )
clapclash

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:33 pm

If you are not authorized to use CEMT, then you do not need to know the profile. If you THINK you need to know the profile of a transaction, the only way you can do this is work with your site support group to find someone who IS authorized to use CEMT, or one of the other system transactions, to find out what you want to know.

Quite frankly, at this point it appears you are either attempting to do something illegal or something against your site standards and procedures -- neither of which would be good for this forum to support.

So, which is it -- are you trying to do something illegal, or are you merely unethical?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby clapclash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:49 pm

To be honest I need to answer a "contest" question. So far I have completed all the answers except for this one. I am still a student so I don't know too much about CICS but I'm reading all the materials trying to find a solution for my dilemma. For this exercise I can just use CEDC with the options display, extend and view. The question is asking me what profile is used by the CEDC transaction, indicating its group DFHSPI. I have tried "CEDC display" indicating group and transaction but the result doesn't indicate any profile.
I know for you guys my question might be a bit annoying because of my ignorance about CICS, but I'm just a newbie and your help is more than welcome!
Thanks to everyone
clapclash

Next

Return to CICS