mapset,program & transaction within time interval

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

mapset,program & transaction within time interval

Postby princehaasil » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 pm

hello all,
i want to know, is there any way to sort out defined programs,mapsets and transactions within the given time interval. Actually our auditors need a report of resources, defined in the last whole year. Plz help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Environment

CICS TS 1.1.1
Z/VSE 4.2
princehaasil

Re: mapset,program & transaction within time interval

Postby mongan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

If the resources are defined with CEDA there will be a date that you can use. You will have to list the groups and find the necessary data. I would think you will need to write a Rexx to extract the data you need. Maybe someone can help you on this, we have not had such a request from our revisors (at least not yet).
mongan

Postby jaggz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 am

You can extract the CSD based on a filteration(DFHSDUP utility). The extracted contents can be saved in Sequential or PDS to review the defintions.
jaggz

Postby mongan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Actually, I see no value in such a list. Definitions can be made years in advance, for example a program and transaction range can be defined (T001-T300) and gradually used. What is the purpose of this? Is it not more important to know what programs have been changed or created - information that you will not necessarily get from CICS? We take daily statistics from our CICS and process them giving us yearly, monthly, daily lists.
mongan

Postby princehaasil » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am

hello and thanks for your suggestions.

Jaggz, i think from DFHCSDUP utility i can not extract the required data bcoz i cant filter out the data on the basis of date. if possible, then plz guide me on this.

i fulfilled their requirements manually this time but this took a week and lots of concentration. i have to automate this for the next time.

Mongan, may be you are right but i think there is some way to do this which we cant figure out yet. but we will.

thanks both of you for your time.
princehaasil

Postby mongan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 pm

You do not need to filter anything with dfhcsdup utility, the important thing is to get a list that has the necessary data. The big problem is that that list will probably be in several lines and you would have to write a rexx or whatever to extract the information in a useable form. Then you can use sort to extract what you need. You probably can extract the information out of the file, after all it is a normal KSDS data set - this might be the best solution for you.
mongan

Postby jaggz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:34 am

Mongan,

You can use DFH$FORA EXTRACT exit.You can obtain the source form SDFHSAMP library and each CSD record would have DEFINETIME entry. Take the entire information to the excel sheet and then can do the filteration based on your requirement.
jaggz

Return to CICS